I’ve been requests for me to post up more healthy, simple, and fast recipes on the blog. To be completely honest, I had no idea that you were hoping to get more recipes! So thank you for letting me know! Enter… 15 minute meals.
When my cousins came over for Switch Off Sunday last weekend, they were all vibrant and excited to learn how to prepare and cook with me! And that’s when I suddenly realized that my no sweat, effortless and easy-to-assemble style of cooking healthily is probably one of my greatest skills! Wowza!
15 Minute Meals
My way of cooking is pretty much straightforward and requires almost no time at all.
I came up with 15 minute meals because on a day-to-day basis, between many commitments and to-dos, I still prioritize eating healthy and feeling vibrant + alive. Health = Yes. Practicality amped up to the maximum.
Without further ado, here are the two wholesome meals we whipped up that only took less than 15 minutes.
1. Baked & Spiced Japanese pumpkin
This was A HIT.
Everyone loves a good baked pumpkin or sweet potato! Super simple, fuss-free. Here’s how you can blow the socks off your party guests without even breaking a sweat!
5-8 Tbs Coconut Oil
Sea Salt (to taste)
1. Peel pumpkin if not organic and remove seeds with a spoon or scoop.
2. Cut pumpkin into cubes. (No, it doesn’t have to be perfectly even sized – yay!)
3. On a baking tray, grease with 2 Tbs of coconut oil, add pumpkin, and add the rest of coconut oil to cover pumpkin cubes.
4. Sprinkle (generously) Itallian herbs.
5. Bake at 200 degrees Celcius for 50 minutes or until soft and cooked through.
6. Remove baking tray from oven and add sea salt to taste.
2. Oil-free Vegetable Medley
This is great if you’re trying to reduce oil in your diet for weight loss or other reasons. I like to cook my veggies like this because it really packs the flavours of every single ingredient. (It also looks like a rainbow and tastes like a party!)
Mushrooms (I like to use a variety of Swiss, Field, and Korean mushrooms)
Other veggies you adore (Asparagus, Eggplant, Broccoli)
Sea Salt (to taste)
1. Slice tomatoes, mushrooms, asparagus and broccoli.
2. In a baking tray or glass pot, fill the bottom of the pot with at least 2 layers of tomatoes and mushrooms.
3. Add other veggies above, and then Itallian herbs.
4. Cover the pot with foil or with the glass cover.
5. Pop into the oven for 40 minutes.
6. When the time rings, remove from oven and add sea salt to taste.
As you can see, eating delicious and healthy meals is super simple! You only need fresh produce, an oven, and herbs! Prepping takes about 10-15 minutes, and after you pop it into the oven you’re good until the timer rings.
Result = An oven-fresh hearty meal
Total time required to prepare all = less than 15 minutes!
Have lots of fun in the kitchen!
Have an amazing weekend, hope you try this out & let me know how you go!
P.S. If you’d like to see more instant + healthy recipes like this, click ‘Like’ below & share it with your friends!