One of my favourite foods of all time – pancakes! These are super easy to make (I pop all the ingredients into a blender, and voila I have the mix), have no unnecessary additives (thickeners, anticaking agents and what have you), and are super delicious and enjoyable. All the good stuff. :-)
I used to look forward to pancake day all the time, and it was a real treat to come home from school to pancakes – or when we had pancakes on weekends. The version I’ve made below is gluten free and dairy free, but of course you may substitute with milk and flour of your choosing.
1/4 cup almond milk (or other milk of your choosing)
2 Tbs brown rice flour
2 whole eggs
* Optional: Pinch of salt & Dash of vanilla extract
1. Mix it all up in a blender (or a bowl with a whisk) until batter is smooth.
2. Heat pan with small amount of oil. I like to use coconut oil as it gives it a coconut-y taste!
3. Pour batter onto pan. When bubbles start forming in the centre of the pancake, flip it and let it cook through.
4. Serve with your favourite toppings and enjoy!
We love serving our pancakes with maple syrup and berries, adding coconut flakes if we are feeling fancy, or ice cream when we are feeling decadent! The possibilities are endless…. ;)
Jia Ni x