This cauliflower mash is delicious, fluffy and a great nutritious substitute for the conventional mashed potato. Mashed potatoes are starchy, high GI, and will weigh you down at the end of the day. It also doesn’t contain any dairy!
This dish tastes as amazing (if not more!) and the amazing health benefits of this dish will give you the energy and radiance you need.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 cloves garlic
- Chives – I love to use heaps!
- Spaghetti herbs
- Himalayan/Celtic Sea Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Nutritional yeast (optional, to taste)
1. Steam cauliflower till fork pokes through but still slightly hard, about 7 minutes. (Avoid oversteaming for a cauliflower-y taste)
2. Blend in a high speed blender or food processor with 3 fresh garlic cloves till smooth and fluffy.
3. Add lots of herbs and chives.
4. Sprinkle sea salt, black pepper, nutritional yeast to taste.
Cauliflowers are a fantastic cruciferous vegetable to enjoy in your daily diet. I was actually surprised when my mom told that she HEARD that cauliflowers aren’t nutritious at all – this is a MYTH! Let’s talk about all the amazing benefits!
- High in Vitamins B, C and K
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Aids in the detoxification of the body
- Potent antioxidant
Try out this cauliflower mash “potatoes” next time and let me know how you like it! My family loved this recipe so much they requested for its re-appearance while they were visiting! Kids will love this recipe, too. :)
Remember to tweet/like/share this with your loved ones.
To your health,
Jia Ni x