1. Who are you and what do you do? Tell me more about YOU (your story, your truth)!
My name is Connie, and I am a life coach, a writer and newbie entrepreneur! I am on a mission to empower as many women as I can follow their heart, do what they love and carve out their dream life.
I wasn’t always doing this work though. For most of my life I didn’t really know what I wanted to so, and as a result I worked in a lot of jobs that didn’t really fulfil me. But in November 2012 I changed all of that – I quit my day job and launched in to building a full time coaching business.
The past few months have been a wild (yet amazingly fulfilling) ride. I just recently went through a big process of re-launching my website and brand and as a result I created conniechapman.com which is an inspiring online space for women who want to live happy, fulfilling and magical lives. I also just created my first ebook called The 12 Step Dream Creator Guide. So, there has been a lot going on!
(Jia Ni: LOVE LOVE LOVE x10 the eBook. I have it in my iBooks and flick it open when I need a pick-me-up and dreams-a-go-go attitude whenever wherever!)
The most thrilling part of this whole process has been the shift I have made to living authentically. This is definitely one of my highest values. Being able to spend every day sharing my gifts, doing work that I love and living a lifestyle that nourishes me, is the best thing in the world.
2. What is your purpose/bliss/passion in life? How did you discover it – and how are you following your bliss?
I always knew I wanted to help and teach people in some way. My younger sister has a disability and she was a huge part of my life growing up. I used to spend a lot of time looking after her and trying to teach her things.
It wasn’t until I was about 20 that I realised there was another way of helping people, that was not so much about caring for them but more so about empowering them.
My mum always had a big bookcase of books about self-development, spirituality and health and one day I started to just become really curious about them and I started reading them. I was fascinated by what I was reading and I began to realise for the first time that we are creators of our own life and we have the ability to manifest the life of our dreams!
I became hooked on the teachings of these books and began practicing meditation and yoga. While I was extremely passionate about these areas, they stayed as just ‘hobbies’ for years. Then one day I decided to start a blog called a life of perfect days. I wrote on this blog for 3 years and it attracted a following of thousands of readers from all over the world. I knew that sharing messages of positivity, inspiration and happiness was my purpose in life and so in 2011 I began my training to become a life coach, and the rest is history!
3. Do you have a morning or night routine/ritual? What does it look like?
I love the morning so I always make sure I get up early so I can enjoy it. I have recently simplified my morning routine as I found I was trying to squeeze way too much in to it! These days, I wake up at 5.15am and then make myself a cup of warm water with freshly squeezed lemon. After that I light some candles and spend around half an hour practicing some meditation and journaling and then I will make myself a big, fresh-pressed green juice.
In the evenings I again like to light candles as I find them so soothing and relaxing. I don’t have a particular night routine but I generally try to avoid tv and instead just read a beautiful soul-nourishing book on the couch.
4. What are some of your non-negotiables in life?
Greens – I have to eat fresh greens every day whether it be in my juice or a salad or a smoothie. If I don’t do this I can actually feel the impact of it right away.
Doing what I love – Now that I have left my day job I simply cannot imagine being back there. My life is now driven purely by doing what I love. It is so important to have each day filled with things I am passionate about or that I enjoy
Being around positive peeps – It is so important for me to surround myself with inspiring, like-minded people who are positive and happy. Lucky for me these seem to be the only type of people I am attracting in to my life at the moment and I feel so blessed to have such an amazing community around me.
Exercise – I love being fit and healthy and I love the feeling I get from having a regular exercise routine. I tend to change things up regularly but it will always include a mix of running, gym classes and yoga.
5. What does a day in your beautiful life usually look like?
Well my morning routine is always the same, but that is really the only consistent factor. Every day is totally different!
Once my morning routine is done, I will usually sit at my desk and check my emails while sipping on my green juice. I will then check my calendar and see what I have on for the day. Some days I am in back to back coaching sessions with my gorgeous clients. Other days I spend it writing content for my blog, completing interviews for other blogs, or writing posts and articles for other online publications.
Some days I like to leave my schedule completely open for me to just work on whatever I feel inspired to do. I love coming up with new coaching programs and products and creating and designing them.
Since I have started working for myself I have been making a conscious effort to get out of the house and around people! So some days I will schedule in lunch or a tea break with a girlfriend to give me some head space away from my desk.
By about 4pm I am ready to switch off so I will head outdoors or to the gym for some exercise. Once I am back I might catch up on a few more emails before signing off for the day.
I tend to only eat quite light dinners, so I will just prepare something simple and then light some candles, watch some TV with my man or chill out with a book.
6. Do you have a beauty routine? What are some of the skin care and personal care products that you can’t live without?
I like to keep it really simple, and I wouldn’t say I have an exact routine. But the products I love are Dr.Bronners Magic Soaps, rose hip oil, rose water face spray and coconut oil for my body.
7. What is a piece of advice you wish someone told you earlier in life, or you wish you knew?
Always follow your heart and your intuition.
When I was younger I did not have the courage to follow my heart and I often questioned what my inner guidance was calling me to do. Now that I am older I have developed a much stronger trust in it, and I find that it always guides and leads me to exactly where I need to be.
8. What are your top 5 health/wellness/happiness tips?
- Practice appreciation and gratitude – This practice can instantly (and I mean instantly) turn around your energy.
- Eat nutritious, wholesome food – I really think that in order to be able to step up and be our best selves we need to fuel our body with clean, fresh, healthy food. When I don’t eat well my motivation levels drop and I feel less clear headed and positive. Drink lots of water and eat stacks of greens.
- Do less, be more – I am still mastering this practice, but it is so important to focus on who we are being in every moment, rather than just what we are doing. Many of us are busy doing so many things that we never stop and just be still. I love to take some time out each day to just sit on the couch in quietness and drink a cup of tea.
- Exercise outdoors – I used to be a bit of a gym junkie but I find when I exercise outdoors with the sun on my face, the wind in my hair and my feet on the earth it is so much nicer.
- See the world with love – We can either see the world through the lense of fear or the lense of love. As soon as you shift your perception you change the way you see the world. So, focus on love. Think loving thoughts. Bring love to all that you do. Be love and give love.
9. What is your all time favourite…
- Quote: I think this is the ultimate and most beautiful quote of all time
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others”
- Food/Recipe: I love raw chocolate and avocado pudding! It is quite simply just banana, avocado, banana and raw cacao blended all together.
- Colour: Hot pink
- Song: I don’t know about all time favourite, but right now I am loving anything by Lana Del Ray
- Book: Oh, I am a massive book nerd. I can’t pick just one! If I had to say which book has changed my life the most profoundly I would say Conversations With God.
- Affirmation: “I love and accept myself just as I am right now. I am exactly where I need to be in this moment and everything is unfolding for my higher good”
- Film/Documentary: “What the bleep do we know” – mind boggling but fascinating!
10. Lastly, what are you most excited about in the future? Do you have any upcoming projects that we can look out for?
I am so excited that my new website conniechapman.com has launched and I am so thrilled to now be sharing my work through this platform and under my own name. Over the course of this year I intend to keep using this space to share inspiring, life-changing and empowering information with the world.
I have just released my first ebook, The 12 Step Dream Creator Guide and considering it is free I would love as many people as possible to get their hot little hands on it as it is a wonderful resources for people wanting to manifest their dreams.
On top of all of this, in April I am running my 90 Day Transformation Project which is an online program and community. I ran this program in 2012 and I had 450 participants from all over the world participate in this collective transformation. It was awesome! So, I cannot wait to have that run again.
Other projects for the year include launching some group coaching programs in Sydney, running my first workshop later in 2013 and also creating my 2nd ebook!
Connie is a life coach and writer, who is on a heart-fuelled mission to empower women to do what they love and manifest their dreams. She is the founder of conniechapman.com, an empowering online space for women who want to create happy, fulfilling and magical lives.
Connie is the author of the 12 Step Dream Creator Guide e book, and founder of the 90 Day Transformation Project, an online program and community which in 2012 transformed the lives of 450 participants from all over the world.
When she is not writing, or working with phenomenal women, you will find her sipping on green juice and chilling out on her yoga mat. Read more from Connie at conniechapman.com or grab your free copy of her new ebook here. You can also connect with Connie on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.