I am so excited to launch this new series of guest interviews on my blog. And what a great way to start off, with the gorgeous Melissa Ambrosini from Path to Wellness! Melissa is a true epitome of beauty inside & out. She is incredibly inspiring. I hope you enjoy this interview as much as I have! :)
1. Who are you and what do you do? Tell me more about YOU!
Hi! My name is Melissa Ambrosini. I am a certified holistic health and life coach, health and wellness writer, blogger, and inspirational speaker. I am a truth seeker, super passionate green juice junkie, inspiration lover, and a massive believer that heaven is right here on earth. I believe in miracles and that we create our reality, moment by moment.
I am here to help empower women to find their true selves and live the life they have always imagined. This is my path!
2. What is your purpose/bliss/passion in life? How did you discover it – and are you following your bliss?
My purpose in life is to live only from my heart! ‘Dramatic’ things may happen in life and this is our opportunity to reclaim our power. We need to remind ourselves of the truth and the choice we have in every moment. In every moment, we can choose love or fear. The latter is a lot more difficult. Love is like blissfully swinging from one tree to another. Fear is like pushing a cement truck up Mt Everest. I know which one I would choose.
I am passionate about living in the present moment and empowering people to connect with their hearts and live from that space too.
3. Do you have a morning or night routine/ritual? What does it look like?
There are a number of things I do either morning or night. For example, journaling, meditation, angel cards, or writing in my gratitude journal. However, some days I don’t feel like doing any of the things mentioned above. Instead, I might go for a morning walk in nature as the sun rises. I don’t have a strict routine but I make sure I connect and tune in with myself and what is going on for me every morning before I start my day and, again, just before bed. This helps me stay connected and grounded and focused on my purpose.
4. What are some of your non-negotiables in life?
It is my intention to be open in every area of my life, to open my heart and not see things as non-negotiable. Through this, I have realised that I have been trying to control a few different things in my life: how my business runs, my partner, how and when I eat etc.
Trying to control something or someone shows that I have placed power outside of myself. But, the truth is: I have all the power, choice, and wisdom within me. Trying to control something, a situation, or someone comes from fear. So, I am currently letting go of control and surrendering. I am trying to become more flexible and flowing, therefore negotiating on things.
5. What does a day in your beautiful life usually look like?
I live my life very much in the flow. This way, I stay open and do not close off the possibility of miracles occurring. My days are constantly changing and evolving—which I love. No two days are the same.
But here is a rough guide to a typical day in my life:
- 6 a.m. Wake up and watch the sunrise with my partner whilst drinking tea.
- Meditation/ journaling/writing in my gratitude journal/ angel cards.
- Some form of movement (yoga, beach walk or cross fit training).
- Post my blog for the day and connect with all my beautiful followers. (I love this part!)
- 9-10 a.m. Respond to emails and clients.
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Back-to-back clients.
- 1 to 2 Lunch (usually by myself and in silence. This is a time for me to ponder and reflect.)
- 2:30 to 4 p.m. Back-to-back clients.
- 4 p.m. Afternoon walk on the beach or in nature/ cup of tea with a friend/meetings/ swim in the ocean/ or lie on the grass with a book and soak up some vitamin D.
- 5 to 6:30 p.m. Clients/ meetings/ writing.
- As soon as my partner walks in the door, the computer goes off and phone is set on silent. This is our time to cook a beautiful meal and connect.
- After dinner maybe watch a bit of Master Chef, (I am obsessed!) and make sure everything is set up for the next day. Connect with my partner/ read/ journal/ then into bed around 9:30-10 p.m.
I live as though this is my heaven. Every day is magical!
6. Do you have a beauty routine? What are some of the skin care and personal care products that you can’t live without?
I have a very simple beauty routine. I dry body brush every morning, cleanse my face at night and moisturize my face both morning and night. That’s it! I believe we don’t need to cover our beautiful bodies in creams and masks. We didn’t have a million creams when we were cave men. Plus, most conventional ‘beauty’ products today are full of toxic chemicals our poor little bodies struggle to break down. So I like to keep it simple. I sometimes use coconut oil on my body in winter also but try to let my body produce its own moisture.
7. What piece of advice do you wish you had known earlier in life?
I wish I had known that love is a choice and that I am not my circumstance. Whenever I realise I am in my head I remind myself of this, it brings be back into my heart.
8. What are your top 5 health/wellness tips?
1. Drink clean filtered water.
2. Eat real whole food and lots of it.
3. Indulge in raw cacao bliss balls. (Recipe here)
4. Move your body in a loving way every single day.
5. Quit sugar.
9. What is your all-time favourite:
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves: Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. You’re playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others”. -Marianne Williamson
Right now I am LOVING my Sweet Potato Pie with Candied Walnuts dessert. It’s seriously out of this world. Here’s the recipe lovelies.
How can I pick just one? Every colour has such beauty.
I am currently listening to Lana Del Rey, Bon Iver and The XX.
Spirit Junkie by Gabrielle Bernstein
I am love, I am safe.
I love watching Ted Talks.
10. Lastly, what are you most excited about in the future? Do you have any upcoming projects that we can look out for?
I am extremely excited about my upcoming e-book and a health and wellness TV show I am working on with some fellow wellness warriors. I am so excited to share this with you all so stay tuned.
The future excites the hell out of me. Anything is possible! Our life is a movie and the best part is: We are the lead actor, writer, director, and producer. We determine want happens and when. So go live the life you have always imagined! Write the life you want to live and be the best person you can be.
Melissa is a certified holistic health and life coach, health and wellness writer, blogger and inspirational speaker. Melissa is a truth seeker, super passionate green juice junkie, inspiration lover and a massive believer that heaven is right here on earth. She is on a heartstring mission to help empower women! She is committed to inspiring women to live their biggest, best and fullest life possible. She wakes up each morning with the intention to live only from her heart and help others do the same.
Melissa’s life-changing Six-month Path to Wellness program works with women to end their tortuous relationship with their bodies, lose weight, gain more energy, clear skin, sparkling eye and most importantly fall head over heels back in love with the babe staring back at you in the mirror. All this is done without calorie counting, deprivation or limitations. It’s about finding your infinite self and realizing your truth.