Today, I realized that it wasn’t just me who has been feeling weighed down by the things I’ve seemed to have manged to pile into my plate of life. There’s just so much going on right now. It’s amazing because I feel lots of exciting news coming in! However, at the same time, I started to feel very cluttered internally. I longed for a rest, all I wanted to do was lie in the sun out on the beach, and all I wanted to do at night was snuggle under the warm sheets and watch a documentary. I didn’t want to know what time it was, all I wanted to do was just let go and let the magic of life happen on its own (which is partly what I did during the weekend :).
It feels like I have no more space within, and my intuition keeps telling me that it’s time to re-think what the priorities in my life are right now, rejuvenate and remove things that no longer serve me. OUT with the old to create more space for IN with the new!
Let’s be honest here. Letting go is something I *used* to struggle with. I am quite a sentimental person, and there are many things I hold dear to my heart. I used to clutch tightly onto things even though they no longer gave me joy, because I had a disillusioned fear that if I let it go, I might regret later.
When one door closes, another door opens.
Tuning into the Signs
I have been on the look out for signs the Universe sends me. Signs are everywhere, the Universe is always putting HUGE signs in front of you! However, in all the hectic and busy flow of our surroundings, who can blame you for not noticing them? I’ve been trusting my intuition and using my eyes to really see. I first wrote this post about Letting Go, and now I am again seeing the words ‘Letting Go’, ‘Going with the flow’, ‘Slow down’ around me a lot – flipping through magazines, reading my favourite blogs…
There are many relationships from my past that no longer serve me, of which I am still clutching on tightly. When I say they no longer serve me, I mean that when I think about these relationships, I no longer feel joy, excitement, inspiration, or love. This is what I’ve been doing-
- I’ve learnt to let people who no longer bring me happiness flow out of my life, accepting them as they are, instead of focusing my energy on changing them.
RESULT: I have allowed so many more happy, joyous relationships and friendships in my life! Which brings me back to the quote, “When one door closes, another opens”.
ACTION STEP: Do you have any relationships that no longer serve you? Do you have people that you are still keeping in your life even though they weigh you down, or who are not supportive of who you truly are, your dreams and your goals? You deserve people who support you 100%, so weed these relationships out of your life. I support and believe you 100% in your true potential and greatness – and the world needs your greatness.
- I’ve been working on forgivingthe people that have caused me pain in the past, for I know that only with forgiveness can I achieve inner Peace.Marianne Williamson once said, “Forgiveness is not always easy. At times, it feels more painful than the wound we suffered, to forgive the one that inflicted it. And yet, there is no peace without forgiveness.”Instead of dwelling in loathe and ill thoughts, I have learnt to work on forgiving instead. I forgive those who have harmed me for I know that they did not know better, I sincerely pray for them, and wish them well in their journey. I know that they are only doing the best they can at this point in space and time, and so I forgive them if they have caused me any pain.
- RESULT: I feel so much more at peace. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my chest, and I am forever grateful. After all, hating someone is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die from it. I realized that once I’ve stopped giving focus and attention to toxic relationships, they have easily fallen off the face of my world, and now I have more space for love and soul-nourishing relationships.
ACTION STEP: Are you holding grudges or do you keep reminding yourself of people who have wronged/sinned/inflicted pain onto you? Forgive them and bless them – it is not easy to do, but do it anyway, for yourself, your soul, and for your inner peace. Darkness cannot remove darkness, only light can. Hate cannot remove hate, only love can. Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it.
- I have learnt to live with an open heart. This specific one was the hardest for me, for I have always lived with a fearful mindset if I loved others I would have less love left for loving myself. I’ve come to realize that there is infinite abundance of love and wellbeing for everyone. Love is what we are born with, fear is what we have learnt. I am in the process of unlearning fear, in stepping into my light and my authentic truth.
RESULT: Love is everything. We’re all here to love and be loved. Love yourself first, and then love others. When you practice self-love, you are whole. When you are whole, you are happy. And only then can you make others happy. Nothing makes me happier than to extend my love to you, for that is in essence what I am here for. And that is in essence what you are here for-to receive love, as well.
ACTION STEP: Are you holding back love? Are you in fear of receiving/giving love? Remember that fear is only an illusion. In absence of love, we all slowly but surely fall apart. Surround yourself with love, with things you love, with people you love, with thoughts you love. Let your life be filled with doing things you love. That is the surest way to be happy – from within, from Love.
- I no longer let anyone affect the decisions I make in life. Instead, I let love and my intuition guide me, and trust that the Universe conspires on my behalf. Everything works out in the end, always. I tune into the signs, and when inspiration and signs appear, I act on it.
RESULT: Synchronicity, flow, ease are part of Life now. It no longer feels like I am forcing things to happen (sometimes I am still guilty of this – forcing things to happen, but when everything doesn’t work out I accept and move on).
ACTION STEP: Are you forcing things to happen? Do you feel like life is a constant upstream? Remember that life is meant to be easy. Abundance, happiness and wellbeing are your birthright.
- I no longer tolerate being around people who are negative. In saying that, I only give out positive energy to the world. So what I do not give out I do not expect to be returned to me.
RESULT: The people that surround me today inspire, uplift and make my heart soar. I only attract positive and loving people, for they are a mirror of what I am.
ACTION STEP: The people you surround yourself with is a reflection of who you are. What kind of people are you surrounding yourself with?
- Rushing…Used to be my middle name. I used to be rushing through every task in every moment. When I did my assignments I would rush through them, when I cooked my mind would be racing, when I was eating I would also try to read a novel and listen to a lecture at the same time… It felt like I was running a life marathon. My mind was always NEXT NEXT NEXT. I never stopped to appreciate the beauty of THIS moment. My thoughts were all jumbled up – and I wondered why!Where there is chaos, there cannot be peace. The two cannot coexist together.
- ACTION STEP: Breathe. Let go. Chill out and relax. Now is most important time of your life. It’s the only moment you can ever be sure of. You are exactly where you need to be at this point in space and time. All is well!
- Cooking with love
“Everything we do is infused with the energy with which we do it. If we’re frantic, life will be frantic. If we’re peaceful, life will be peaceful. And so our goal in any situation becomes inner peace.” From studying holistic health coaching, I’ve learnt that the way and feelings we have when we cook will ultimately affect the food in terms of vibration and nourishment. Being mindful of this was a huge “aha” moment for me.
ACTION STEP: Make cooking a meditative practice. Cook with love, with the intention of giving nourishment to your body and do it with joy. When cooking, I now take time to prepare food with love! Let go of the ‘need’ to rush through cooking, instead cook more in one serving and eat it over the next two meals.
Let go of the need for things to happen. Release the resistance, because the only reason it is not manifesting in your life is because you are holding resistance towards it. When you release the need for something to happen, miracles happen. Things manifest, coincidences occur, and life happens.
- Time & Aging
This got me wondering – if we never knew what time it was and how much time passed, would we ever age? If we didn’t know how many years or days or minutes have passed,would we age slower? (I’ve been pondering upon this a lot lately, so if you have any thoughts please feel free to share below! :)
- Giving away things that I once loved and practicing non-attachment has given me so much freedom. Owning so many things made me feel very weighed down. The best part of it all was throwing out and recycling things that no longer brought me the feeling of happiness (old photos, old letters, emails).
ACTION STEP: Are you holding onto things that no longer bring you joy? Schedule time to go through and declutter your home and your life!
- Vision boarding
Re-setting goals and priorities that reflect my life now. Looking back at my old vision board, I realize that I have manifested most of the things on it, but most of them no longer serve where I want to go and where I want to end up. If we don’t change our direction, we’re likely to end up where we’re headed.
RESULT: New vision board up, with new goals and visions, all ready to be manifested!
ACTION STEP: What are your goals and where do you want to be by the end of next month, next year, next 5 years? What are the steps and actions you need to take in order to get there?
There are things that we never want to let go of, people we never want to leave behind. But keep in mind that letting go isn’t end of the world. It’s the beginning of a new life.
It’s time for letting go, in order to create more space for new things to enter into our life.
New, amazing, exciting things await you! In fact, it’s all lined up for you ready to enter into your life, all you need is to release the resistance you are holding onto and letting go of things that no longer serve you.
Love + Light,